Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Blog Post #2

 SCOTUS Article

By: Meagan Flynn 
March 31, 2021

SCOTUS History Article:

Personally, I do not like politics or anything about the government. I try not to pay attention as I was also brought up not allowed to talk about it to people. As I read this article, I learned that the Supreme Court is the highest court and can be above the other two branches, which includes the president, and that there were six justices in the beginning while making the first Supreme Court. I also learned that Chief Justice, Earl Warren, put in place "right to remain silent" for the police to say to someone being arrested. The most important take-away point about the Supreme Court is that the Supreme Court is one of the highest in government. They have power over the president and all court cases. They need focused, highly-classified justices for the Supreme Court in order for the best outcomes. There are ranges of topics in each court case which implies that the justices need to have experience and knowledge in each case topic. The Supreme Court is serious, focused, and much needed for the United States. 


I take away that if there was no Supreme Court with the nine intelligent court justices, many top cases would be unsolved for America. The Supreme Court still has to make new laws today from everything they learn in new cases. Still in 2020, they impeached another president. As the years go on, the Supreme Court never rests and there are old and new justices coming and going. One of the most surprising things I learned is that the Supreme Court has been around since the creation of the Constitution and they had big impacts in new laws and changes in America like segregation and voting for women and African Americans, for example. The article changed the way I thought of the Supreme Court by realizing that it is bigger than I thought. Supreme is in the name so I knew it was big and important, but as I was brought up slightly shadowed from the government, I had no idea of the parts of the government. After reading it, I understand better about the Supreme Court and the importance in the US it has. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Presentation

  Relationship with Technology By: Meagan Flynn April 30, 2021 Growing up, as I was born in 1999, I did not have a lot of technology other t...