Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Blog #8

One thing I learned in our Media Projects

 Netflix

By: Meagan Flynn
April 14, 2021

In 1997, Netflix was founded and launched in 1998 by Marc Randolph and Reed Hastings. It was mainly created to make watching movies and TV shows easier instead of going to blockbuster to rent a DVD. They mainly took over in 2011 when blockbuster when bankrupt. It is a very popular streaming service because its convenient and with a few clicks on your couch, you can watch any TV show or movie instead of driving to a store to get a DVD. Netflix was first released in Canada and had its first series, House of Cards. They now have 203.7 million subscribers. A few years after when it became more popular, the biggest controversy was splitting streaming and DVD rentals into 2 separate services. Their two biggest competitors are Disney+ and Amazon prime video. Officially in 2021, everything is streaming. 


Personally, Netflix is one of my favorite streaming sites. My favorite shows are Grey's Anatomy, Outer Banks, and Bridgerton. My favorite movies are After, the Bling Ring, and To all the Boys. However, there is an expensive subscription included which can be frustrating. There are family plans, that my family subscribes to, and that is smart to have for multiple people to use one account. I will always watch Netflix as there are popular shows coming and going. I can't wait for more in the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Presentation

  Relationship with Technology By: Meagan Flynn April 30, 2021 Growing up, as I was born in 1999, I did not have a lot of technology other t...